Give Where You Live - our campaign to bring the borough together
K+C is a borough usually associated with affluence and wealth, but it also has areas of severe deprivation and significant inequalities. You may not know the following:
- K+C has the worst rate of school exclusions in London and 1 in 4 children live in poverty
- K+C is in the lowest 20% of Local Authorities for mental health performance and has a huge disparity in life expectancy from street to street
- The unemployment rate in K+C is higher than the London average and since 2020 the number of people claiming in-work benefits, reflecting in-work poverty, has tripled
Give Where You Live is our campaign to bring the community together and raise funds to help our neighbours in need. We are asking local businesses, schools and residents to get involved, help us raise awareness of our work and much needed funds to support our projects.
Where your donations could go
- £43 a week could provide early intervention and support for a child at risk of being excluded from school, enabling them to thrive socially, emotionally and academically
- £8 could ensure that older men at risk of loneliness can take part in a weekly regular football sessions to reduce social isolation, improve mental and physical health and importantly, bring a smile to their faces
- £90 can provide up to a year of tailored 1-2-1 employment support and advice for individuals struggling to find work. Support includes interview workshops, presentation skills development and mentoring sessions
There are many ways you could support us:
Talk to us: We’d love to hear your ideas on how you can get involved - contact: email@example.com to let us know if you’d like to join the campaign and how we can support you.
Let’s bring our community together, and reach more residents to improve their lives and life chances