Coupled with the need for employment opportunities for local people, there is great concern locally about young people and especially those who are hard to reach and disadvantaged.
Supporting the Spear programme in K+C
We have started a partnership with the Spear Programme which over the past 10 years has supported 5,000 young people from disadvantaged backgrounds into employment, training or further education.
82% of the trainees from the first North Kensington cohort are currently in employment, education or training
Spear programme, North Kensington
Spear in North Kensington
- Spear are now set up in North Kensington based out of Sobus on Freston Road by Latimer Road tube station
- The pilot took place in March and April 2019 following outreach to young people facilitated by existing local charities, schools and youth clubs
- Each course takes 12-16 , 16-24 year olds, not in education or employment and last six weeks
- The aim is to provide training for up to 90 local people a year (six courses)
- Each graduate is supported for a whole year to help them with the transition into work
- Spear coaches young people to help overcome the attitudes and behaviours that are holding them back
It would be fantastic if you would consider supporting this much needed initiative. There are a number of ways that might be suitable for you to get involved with this programme.
- Funding: To fund an individual to take part on this course costs £1,600 and is an incredible investment in a young persons future. To fund the full cohort costs £25,000.
- Providing jobs: The ultimate aim is to get young people into employment. If you or your company would be willing to offer interviews and jobs please let us know
For more information please contact Charlotte, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7229 5499