7 DAYS, 300 MILES: HOW FAR WILL YOU GET?
Take part in our first ever Tour de K+C corporate cycling challenge
Help our community recover from the challenges and impact of the past year, reducing isolation and loneliness and supporting residents in financial hardship. Take part in our first ever Tour de K+C corporate cycling challenge and raise funds to help build a better life together for everyone in our community.
Cycle your way
- whether you cycle on the road, in your office on our static bikes or even on Santander Cycles, your team will work together trying to beat your competition in being the fastest to complete the 300 mile trip from London - Paris. That's the equivalent of cycling the length of Kensington + Chelsea 60 times!
Save the date
- you have from 6am on Monday 28 June to 6.00pm on Sunday 4 July to complete the challenge and claim the coveted title of Tour de K+C Champion 2021!
Fundraise to change the future
- aim to raise £1,500 per team: an incredible amount which will help us ensure nobody in our community is left behind. We'll set you up with everything you need and support you in raising the most you can. Whether it's through sharing your fundraising page, taking part in employee fundraising activities or getting a matched funding contribution from your firm, we'll be with you every step of the way.
What it involves
- Your virtual event dashboard powered by GivePenny will allow you to keep track of your team's progress both in your fundraising and the race to the finish line. Will your team win by a landslide or will you edge into victory in the final few days?
HOW IT WORKS
Log those miles - We'll create your team Strava account before giving you access so everyone in the team can easily log their miles wherever they are. We've partnered with Strava to ensure everyone can easily upload their progress simply by using the 'manual entry upload' option on your team page to keep track of how you're progressing. Our virtual leaderboard will magically update itself meaning you can concentrate on racking up those miles.
It's 'just a charity competition' - oh but it's so much more! Your team will need to put pedal to the metal in order to be crowned the first ever 'Tour de K+C Champion' not only earning you a stunning trophy to display proudly in your office but also bragging rights over your competition...until the next race at least!
Build a better life for everyone in our community - GivePenny's online fundraising platform ensures we receive your donations hassle free and even better, there are no hidden fees! Every penny you raise will go towards ensuring nobody in our community is left behind.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE PART?
Team bonding - what better way to bring your colleagues together while keeping your distance?Working in a team, you will cover the 300 mile distance over the seven days, strengthening bonds and creating a sense of community that’s been harder to achieve whilst out of the office.
Boost morale - the K+C Foundation is a cause that will no doubt resonate with all participants. Help boost morale at this undeniably difficult time as teams experience the joy of making a positive difference to the lives of people right here in our local community.
Bragging rights - do you really want to lose out to your main competitor? There's only one way to know if you're our ultimate Champion - enter today!
How we will support you
- Online participant and team registration
- An opportunity to connect with other competing firms through our LinkedIn and Strava groups
- Resources to download from work or home to help make fundraising easy
- Coveted trophy for the Tour de K+C Champion as well as the winners of our other categories
- A dedicated Tour de K+C Team at the K+C Foundation to support you all the way.
Your support could help kids like Benjamin build social skills and exercise after a year of lockdowns and isolation